Search This Blog

Thursday, March 04, 2010

Outrageous Day at Ding Darling

This Snowy Egret was caught in the act, of the act of catching fish, plus it got two!

The snowy drags its feet, then reaches down to snatch the fish. I love the shadow of the head on the lower wing!

Nooo, I couldn't believe this Double-crested Cormorant could swallow this but it had no problem.

And then a Bald Eagle flew right over my head. My favorite part is seeing those yellow feet, held perfectly together.

I got some of the most amazing photographs today at Ding Darling National Wildlife Refuge, FL, some of the best of our trip. I see lots of other photographers there and I keep saying this is one of the best spots for photography in eastern North America at this time of year, really!

12 comments:

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

WOW,WOW,WOW.Excellent hardly even describes these well enough.
Blessings,Ruth

Anonymous said...

I feel your excitement, incredible photo's with such clarity and detail!

CAA FL

Dan Huber said...

fantastic photos

dan

Kat said...

Awesome! That is a big fish going down!

Kevin said...

I never would have guessed that D-C Cormorants consumed fish as large as that. As always, very cool photos.

Martha Bright said...

Talk about stuffing yourself... that cormorant must have some flexible jaws. No wonder some people call them snake-birds!

LNMP298 said...

Wow! Great shots!!

Mike McDowell said...

Great photos!

Mike M.

Jackie said...

Awesome! Please keep posting!! We're all there with ya!

Anna said...

Amazing photos!! I can't over the beak shadow on the wing. It's making me want to be there and get to see all the beautiful birds you're sharing. Seeing the photos is the next best thing. Very exciting!

Andree said...

these are simply incredible

Cathy said...

The egret shot.

Unbelievably wonderful