Search This Blog

Friday, February 23, 2007

Hello

Sometimes, when you least expect it, a wonderful bird appears. I was standing looking at shorebirds at the tower pond in Ding Darling NWR, and in an isolated mangrove next to me, some movement caught my eye. Hello, a Yellow-throated Warbler! You can see why warblers are my favorite group of birds. I often can't decide which warbler i like best. Today it was this one.
Yellow-throated Warblers are primarily found in the southeastern part of the country, but a Yellow-throated Warbler was found wintering in central Maine this winter. Brrr, it should be here.

Photo © Lillian Stokes, 2007

2 comments:

Susan said...

Beautiful!

Tony Morris said...

That's a great shot. I've never connected with one in the USA. I did see them in Cuba and Mexico.