Search This Blog

Friday, May 02, 2008

Visit us at Crane Creek/Magee Marsh OH Sat. May 10th

Magnolia Warbler

Golden-winged Warbler

Bay-breasted Warbler

Hi there,
Come see spectacular warblers and meet us on Sat. May 10th. At 1pm we will be at Ottawa National Wildlife Refuge, signing books and demonstrating our Stokes Birding Series binlocular line. Ottawa NWR is on the south shore of Lake Erie right next store to famous warbler hotspot Crane Creek/Magee Marsh where we will be all weekend when we're not signing books. The warblers are heading north and pause on the lake shore waiting for favorable winds. The trees along the Magee Marsh boardwalk next to the lake can be dripping warblers.
Hope to see you there.

5 comments:

Warren said...

very nice picture of the Magnolia Warbler! great blog!

Shelley said...

The Magnolia warbler is stunning to see!

Andy said...

Normally, I would say I would look for you guys and tell you how much I enjoy your blog (and the Stokes series of optics), but this will be the first year I miss spring migration at Crane Creek. I'll be birding Florida for the first time - probably the best excuse I have at this point in my life for doing so!

Have fun there and see some good birds for me!

Lillian Stokes said...

andy,
We would like to have met you at Crane Creek, but have a great time in Florida.
We'll see some good birds, for sure.

The Boisverts said...

Saw my first warbler ever yesterday out my window... it's a female pine warbler. I got some great pics of her gathering up loose feathers that were on the ground for her nest. Can't wait for even more warblers in the future!!!