The biggest, most complete, national photographic field guide ever published!
The ultimate field guide birders have been waiting for, with more species, more identification text, more stunning photos of birds showing every important angle, and a cutting edge emphasis on shape that will fast forward your birding to the next level, no matter what level you're on. Size 5 1/2 by 8 1/2 inches.
Retail price, $24.99, 815 pages. Pub. Little, Brown & Co.
We are very excited to bring to you our new, national Stokes Field Guide To The Birds Of North America, that has been 6 years in the making. This will be the most comprehensive national photographic bird guide ever published, all in one portable volume. Features include:
- 854 North American bird species, including everything from beloved backyard favorites to the latest high-interest rarities birders most want to see.
- Well over 3,400 stunning color photographs (over 1000 more than any other photo field guide) from America’s top bird photographers, including many from Lillian, are clearly presented in an uncluttered, well-organized, easy-to-view format. Photos cover ALL significant plumages, including: male, female, summer, winter, immature, morphs, important subspecies, and birds in flight. Difficult species are shown from every important angle. The date and location each photo was taken are included with each photograph.
- We give more (not less) space, photos and identification information for the hard-to-identify species because that is what birders want.
- The most up-to-date, detailed and complete identification clues of any North American field guide. Finally birders will have all they need to know in one place.
- The FIRST national field guide to emphasize "quantitative shape" as a new cutting-edge method of bird identification. The comprehensive account of each species shape and proportions provides a more accurate and understandable way to use shape in identifying birds.
- The FIRST field guide to include ALL subspecies with complete information on their range, identification and common and scientific names. This will help birders understand important regional variation in a species’ appearance.
- The newest range maps available detail species winter, summer, and year-round ranges as well as migration routes and extra-limital vagrancies.
- Special help for identifying birds in flight through important clues of behavior, plumage, and shape.
- The very newest scientific and common names, splits and lumps. Yes, we have included Pacific Wren.
- Detailed descriptions of the song and calls, important behavioral information, and key habitat preferences of each species.
- Other user-friendly features that will help birders and much, much more.
PRE-ORDER YOUR COPY NOW, click Here: