Search This Blog

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Evening Grosbeaks, Irrupting, Coming Your Way Too!


We keep telling you the big news in birding circles is this is going to be a big irruptive year for certain birds. It's true for Evening Grosbeaks. These birds only show up certain years when their winter range food crops are low. So we are seeing them repeatedly come to our bird feeders now in NH. These two female Evening Grosbeaks were enjoying the sunflower seed, their fav, this morning. Look how they dwarf the goldfinches feeding with them!
Keep a look out and your feeders well stocked with sunflower and perching room and let us know when you see Evening Grosbeaks.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Oh, I hope so! I don't have the evening grosbeak on my life list yet, and I hope I can add it this winter. Thanks for the heads up!