Search This Blog

Thursday, June 06, 2024

Stokes Guide to Finches of The United States and Canada, advance copy has arrived!!

 

Yesterday – One of the most special moments in an author's life is when they open the package with huge anticipation and a bit of trepidation, and hold their new book in their hands for the first time. My reaction to my advance copy (with coauthor Matthew A. Young) and my 36th Stokes Guide, was WOW!! It is everything I hoped for – stunningly beautiful thanks to the amazing photographers whose work we used, gorgeous design, packed with information on all things finch from ID, life history, vocalizations, irruption and migration info, creative essays, the latest range maps, scientific research, a special section on finches of Hawaii, how to feed and garden for finches, and much more. My wonderful coauthor, finch expert Matt Young, is at a birding festival so he will see his copy when he gets back (sorry Matt but I know you will love the book). I only got one advance copy and the publication date is September 17, 2024 when copies will be available at all retailers, so we will all have to wait. This is a book for anyone who likes birds, from backyard birders to the most avid crossbill fans. I can't wait to introduce them to this amazing group of birds.
If you are a reviewer and want an advance review PDF copy let Matt or I know. Email contact form is on the top right of this blog.

No comments: