Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Visit with Duncraft


Duncraft headquarters

Don with Shelby and Mike Dunn

We had a fun day yesterday visiting with fellow New Hampshire residents, Mike and his daughter, Shelby Dunn-Kimball, at Duncraft. Duncraft is a very successful catalog and online retailer and manufacturer of wild bird feeding products and is dedicated to "world class" customer service. They are also big into social media. Since 1971 Mike has been the CEO of Duncraft, a company started by his father Gil in 1952. Shelby is the Marketing Director. It was great to see the father-daughter team of Mike and Shelby now involved in the family business. If you're into bird feeding you undoubtedly have seen the Duncraft catalog of fine products, many of of which are made at the Duncraft facility. They carry a large and interesting variety, including some of our Stokes Select feeders. After we chatted and toured their facility we had lunch.

I'm a shopper and I like Painted Buntings

They have a retail store as part of their facility and I couldn't resist stopping there before we left. I wanted to get some hummingbird-themed gifts for my sister's birthday. Shopper that I am, I also bought a new bat house and a Painted Bunting garden ornament. I cannot resist anything with a Painted Bunting on it; it's my favorite bird (and on the cover of our new national field guide coming in Oct.). I was impressed that the lady who ran the store knew that the range of Painted Buntings was mainly in the southeastern and south central regions of the country, not everyone knows that.

What we like about Duncraft is that they, like we, have a passion for birds and commitment to excellence in their business. Keep up the good work Duncraft!

And here's our Cardinal video, of footage we had taken, (the cardinal is on the Duncraft logo) to celebrate the birds.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the video. Cardinals are one of my favorites. Thanks for sharing.