Search This Blog

Thursday, April 10, 2008

And More Ducks

Today lots of ducks were on the lake and most of the ice has melted. We had about 60 ducks of various species including Hooded Mergansers, Common Mergansers, Buffleheads, Ring-necked Ducks, Mallards, Black Ducks and Wood Ducks. Above is a male Hooded Merganser displaying where he raises his crest to reveal the white "fan." We sat on the deck in the morning with a cup of coffee and looked through our scopes at the duck bonanza. Wonderful!

4 comments:

The Boisverts said...

WOW!
I think if I had seen one of those ducks I would have spit my coffee out in excitement... how unique looking his is! Great pic.

Anonymous said...

Hello Stokes Family. Robin Stokes here again. :) I hope you are doing well today. I am enjoying seeing the birds on your blog, as I have enjoyed them in your books in the past.

In about a week we should be welcoming the Rose-breasted Grosbeaks. They stay for about two weeks. (I'm in S.W. Kentucky). I will blog and take pictures of them when they are here. I hope you will come by and say hello sometime on my blog.

Have a wonderful weekend, Robin Stokes

Backcountry Balkwills said...

Hello from Point Pelee!

Neat Blog! I love everything you guys have done to spark an interest for many in North American birding! Keep it up! =)

Peleechickadee

Anonymous said...

I didn't know there were so many strange looking duck species.